Cathay Pacific - Product Manager
Spafax - Account Manager
Kontron - Avionics Business Line Manager
Kontron - Avionics Program Manager
Row 44 - SWA Account Manager
IFP - Creative Producer
IFP - Metadata Coordinator
Spafax - Account Management and Content Acquisition positions
Spafax - High Life Entertainment Account Director
Touch Inflight Services
AVID Airline Products
Business Development and Marketing Director at OnBoard International
As a part of our expansion and diversification plan we are looking for high performing and creative Business Development and Marketing Director who is responsible for:
•The overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Business Development activities.
•Seeking out new business opportunities from Airlines , advertisers and other verticals.
•Develop and implement business development strategy and marketing plans designed to capture new businesses and increase revenue and profit to achieve company ambitious growth
1-Create and implement the overall Business Development Objectives, strategies and plans to penetrate new markets and ensure sustained growth.
2-Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business.
3-Design and implement effective marketing and PR campaigns to enhance OBI brand and image in the market & promote OBI’s business, products & services.
4-Plan for new tenders and contracts, including setting target client list and their tender dates, and the preparation of pitching & tender requirements, and related presentations.
If you have the qualifications and willing to work in high speed growing market with Tax free environment please send your CV to email@example.com.
Co. web site: www.onboard-intl.com
Business Development Manager - Avionics
Poway, CA USA
These are the key concepts that have helped to make Kontron one of the world’s leading suppliers of embedded computer technology. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Germany, we design and manufacture standard-based and custom embedded and communication solutions for OEMs, systems integrators, and application providers in a variety of market segments such as data and telecommunications, automation, mobile computing, medical technology, military technology, aerospace, and measuring and control engineering.
Our engineering and manufacturing facilities are located in Europe (Southern Germany), North America (San Diego, Fremont and Montreal) and Asia (Taipei, Beijing, Tokyo and Penang). You will not find another embedded computing company as global as Kontron. We employ around 2000 people worldwide, including, but not limited to, opportunities in engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and accounting.
In addition to being an established, global presence with opportunities for growth, we encourage communication through all levels of the organization to ensure a common direction and allow our employees to make informed decisions. Our culture has been created by the people who work here, making Kontron a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable workplace with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, which includes a generous 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement, and a casual work environment.
Currently, we have an exciting opening for the following position:
Business Development Manager- Avionics
Under limited supervision, the Avionics Business Development Manager has responsibility and ownership of Avionics Business Development globally.
Duties & Responsibilities
•Creation and implementation of innovative selling strategies to
ensure success through global sales team
•Hands on sales support including technical and contractual
leadership with a global market outlook
•Utilize industry experience and expertise to establish
credibility with new prospective clients
•Provide feedback of industry and regulatory trends back to
Product Development and Engineering
•Promote and highlight achievements and activities within
Requirements & Experience
•5-10 years experience in Avionics or related industry
•Minimum 5 years in Avionics Business Development or Sales
•High-level communication skills
•Ability to work and travel with global teams in NA, EMEA & APAC
We invite you to explore Kontron for your new career. Visit http://us.kontron.com/about-kontron/careers/ for more details. To apply, email your resume directly to ResumeAdmin@us.kontron.com, referencing job code 14-045. Please include your current salary and your salary expectations. If you need any assistance in applying for a position with Kontron America, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (858) 677-0877 and direct assistance will be provided. Kontron is listed on the German TecDAX stock exchange under the symbol “KBC”.
Kontron America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
Manager Inflight Experience
This person is responsible for executing the continuous evolution and innovation of flydubai's inflight customer experience, with a strong focus on the monetisation of existing and new product features. The role will touch all aspects of the inflight product, including catering, inflight retail and cabin interior, with a strong emphasis on inflight entertainment (IFE). This position provides strategic leadership to the IFE team, and is responsible for the continual evolution and development of the IFE system (hardware and software) to ensure flydubai remains at the forefront of inflight experience.
1. Strategic leadership of the IFE department, with a focus on product development, marketing and monetisation of the system.
2. Continuous development and enhancement of the IFE system, working with hardware and software vendors to add functionality, improve reliability and improve user experience.
3. Working with functional managers to prepare and achieve sales budgets for inflight revenue generation.
4. Strategically identify and develop opportunities to increase revenue across all inflight functions.
5. Build and maintain strong relationships with IFE hardware suppliers, Hollywood film studios and content service providers.
6. In liaison with marketing and brand teams, develop and launch marketing campaigns and promotional activities to increase product awareness, inflight revenue, and customer satisfaction.
7. Engage Customer Experience, Inflight Services and Cabin Crew Training teams to ensure optimal delivery of the inflight product.
8. Work with the Public Relations and Digital Communications team to ensure that flydubai's inflight experience achieves increased exposure in traditional and social media, and recognition through industry awards.
9. Conduct research to identify new technologies, trends and engineering developments to ensure that the flydubai product continues to evolve and innovate, supporting the company’s brand image and ultimately influencing customer choice of flydubai over other carriers.
10. Actively participate in relevant industry associations, joining committees and boards where participation can influence outcomes in the interest of flydubai and the industry as a whole.
11. Commercial negotiation of content licensing and content services agreements and finalisation of contracts in liaison with the legal team.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in inflight product management
• Extremely strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• An excellent strategic sense with the ability to function tactically and develop and existing product across a culturally diverse network.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Well established contacts within the aircraft interior and IFE industry, both system and content related.
• An entrepreneurial approach to business and an understanding of the challenges and opportunities of working in a high growth mid-size company.
• Strong background in strategic planning and operational process improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to work across multiple functions.
• Specialized training or experience in developing and managing large budgets.
• Proven history of marketing and airline's inflight product, both internally and externally.
• Effective communication
• Organising for results
• Problem solving & Initiative
• Attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please click on the following link https://flydubai.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=14000328&lang=en&sns_id=addthis-service-code
Manager of Inflight Entertainment & Connectivity Prodcut Development (Marketing)
The Manager of InFlight Entertainment and Connectivity Product Development is responsible for leading the airline’s consumer product development roadmap, including developing and implementing the strategic brand direction for Virgin America’s next generation of RED and connectivity offerings, the airline’s in-flight entertainment system – and driving associated integrations with the airline’s airport, connectivity, cabin and web experiences.
The goal of this new position is to offer inventive and “guest-centric” experience improvements within the IFE, WiFi offerings and within related touch-points of the overall Virgin America product. The position will help iterate and build on the airline’s long-term IFE and connectivity roadmap – and implement that vision by delivering a compelling pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight product experience for the airline’s guests. Reporting to Brand Marketing, the position will be responsible for project managing and leading a cross-departmental team (IT, Marketing, Tech Ops, outside consultants and other departments like Airports as needed/affected).
The Manager should be a visionary in the consumer technology and/or IFE space, thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and be able to work collaboratively across Company teams, while being able to project manage and achieve fixed deadlines. Our ideal candidate has technical expertise (software engineering or electrical engineering) but also consumer-facing experience in the tech, entertainment, automotive or aviation sectors. Direct experience leading efforts to develop new consumer electronic and software interfaces preferred. Our ideal candidate is a visionary that will bring our in-flight airline experience to a new level, with demonstrated project management skills, an understanding of the software, game or web development process and a passion for our brand.
Main Areas of Responsibility
· Work with departments across Company to develop and implement a strategic consumer roadmap and positioning of RED with a focus on guest functionality and continual innovation.
· Project manage complex, resource-constrained cross-departmental team (IT, Revenue Management, Marketing, InFlight, Tech Ops, Finance) to implement consumer vision for Red, while meeting IFE and aircraft deadlines.
· Effectively and persistently communicates with internal teams, vendors and partners to meet Company goals and overcome technical integration challenges.
· Proactively engage key work group leaders in Company (Tech Ops, IT, etc) and vendors to ensure consumer roadmap meets retrofit deadlines for scheduled aircraft deliveries.
· Liase with key departments in the Company on the development of supporting systems – for example, working with InFlight to develop the best interface with the crew panel menu system and the in-flight entertainment platform.
· Conveys system concepts to internal and external partners, including information pertaining to competitive research, information architecture, usability, and user interface design (UX/UI).
· Works with IFE content manager and Brand team to curate creative content unique to Virgin America and the in-flight experience.
· Works with legal and technical support groups to ensure legal approval and accuracy of technical content and product positioning and claim.
· The Manager will also seek out and nurture strategic partnerships to further enhance and differentiate the Virgin America in-flight entertainment experience.
· Proactively identify ways to innovate the guest experience across the entire Virgin America travel ribbon (i.e. at the gate or check-in, within web or mobile experience etc).
· Be knowledgeable of and iterate from larger industry and consumer electronic trends –to incorporate next generation solutions into the airline’s IFE roadmap.
· Reports to the VP of Brand Marketing and Communications, but collaborates with the entire Company – and most closely with Tech Ops, IT and Finance.
· At least five years experience in consumer product development within aviation, tech, entertainment, automotive, gaming and/or interactive content sectors.
· Visionary within consumer electronics and/or IFE space, knowledgeable of IFE, mobile, WiFi and consumer electronics trends and technology.
· Demonstrated project management and budget management experience.
· General knowledge of engineering hardware development and/or software development – with technical and aviation experience strongly preferred.
· Ability to problem-solve and be solution oriented in a time constrained environment
· Understanding and experience with product development for a major consumer brand.
· Ability to think big yet able to plot out an implementation plan.
· Past experience working with multiple teams, such as IT, Tech Opps, Marketing or Sales.
· Experience conducting or managing product development research or R&D teams.
· Experience developing a strategic positioning for a cutting edge product or service.
· Experience managing vendor teams.
· Experience in coordinating across departments to ensure a unified visions and positive guest experience.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
· BS or BA in Marketing, New Media or Technical Degree (Engineering)
· MS or MBA or equivalent experience preferred, but not required
Click here to apply.
Locations dependent on region
Reports to: VP Sales
As part of Lumexis Corporation’s continuing growth we are looking for high-performing Sales Directors to help us meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives in several global regions. The successful applicants will be responsible for establishing and maximizing business development opportunities to achieve our sales and revenue targets.
• Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships and lead the delivery of the sales strategy across their region.
• Effectively communicate our value proposition through proposals and presentations.
• Evaluate and report competitor activity, market information and airline in-service feedback, for use in Lumexis sales and product strategies.
• Identify and develop commercial relationships with global partner organizations and execute collaborative approaches where appropriate leading to increased sales and a raised profile for Lumexis and it’s products and services.
• Represent Lumexis at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
• Evidence of success in developing and implementing aircraft cabin system or IFEC sales.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the customer’s organization, including executive and C-level.
• Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
• Experience and success in commercial negotiations to drive the sales process from plan to close.
• Track record of building and maintaining a broad international network of internal and external stakeholder relationships leading to commercial opportunity.
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Self motivated, ability to work independently.
• Highly organized and able to cope with multiple international stakeholders, partners and clients.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
• Developing effective strategies in a highly competitive market against well-established major competitors and numerous new entrants.
• Achieving sales targets in a highly competitive market.
• Maintaining knowledge and fluency with emerging technologies, products and services.
• Frequent international travel will be required for success in the role.
• Extended working will be necessary at peak times and to accommodate travelling and time zone constraints.
Interested applicants should send their current resume to Jon Norris at: email@example.com
Los Angeles, California
t based in Los Angeles, California. A technically skilled person is needed for processing TV masters and digital movie content. Knowledge of being able to encode and deliver encoded files to IFE interrogators is a plus. High communication skills needed.
1. Processing TV masters that comes in as a beta tape to Stellar’s archive format.
2. Deliver the processed files to KL or SYD via Smartjog.
3. Processing Disney and Fox movie masters to Stellar’s archive format.
4. Encode Disney and Fox movie to airline IFE specs.
5. Delivery of encoded files to IFE integrators (Panasonic, Thales, Lumexis, Rockwell Collins and others).
1. Basic knowledge of video encoding, ie H.264, MPEG, MOV, MP4.
2. Basic knowledge of video watermarking.
3. Basic knowledge of IT networking infrastructure.
4. Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Apple Compressor and Digital Rapids an added advantage.
Skills required include:
• Solid Microsoft Office skills are essential. PC & Mac an advantage
• Excellent communication skills including phone manner and face to face
• Ability to prioritize and multi task
• Mature and responsible outlook
• Proactive “can do” attitude
• Excellent problem solving skills
• High attention to detail
• A valid passport (with no restrictions) allowing travel if required.
• A sense of humor
Apply online or send your resume in Word format to Adlee Williams at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
Product Manager - Communications & Entertainment Platform
Department : Product
Reports to: Manager Product, Economy Cabins and Inflight Entertainment
The Product Department plays a key role in customer retention, long-term success and profitability to Cathay Pacific and Dragonair through the strategic development of award winning products that maintain our leading edge. Inflight entertainment (IFE) is a major part of our customer proposition, a key differentiator that sets us apart from our competitors. IFE is an ever changing business, with rapid technological development and increasing customer expectations. It is important that we understand and take full advantage of such, so to enable creation of next generation of world class IFE experiences.
The Product Manager – Communications & Entertainment Platform is responsible for defining, evaluating, and implementing the most suitable integrated Connectivity and Entertainment platform that would help the airline achieve our vision of being the world’s best airline. Through leading internal and external stakeholders, the Manager ensures the airline has stable and reliable hardware and equipment that supports our proposition, and continues to be forward looking in identify upcoming technology that would enhance and delight our passengers.
• Lead cross-functional team to identify and to evaluate future Inflight Entertainment & Communications (IFEC) platforms
• Set air to ground internet connectivity strategy and secure resource to realise the strategy
• Support initiatives to maximize ancillary revenue utilizing the IFEC platform
• Manage and lead the development and implementation of IFEC platform in conjunction with internal stakeholders, the selected supplier and other third parties agencies & developers
• Manage IFEC suppliers’ day-to-day media operation
• Drive continuous improvement on IFEC platform
• Oversee and supervise on-going Graphical User Interface maintenance and other projects/initiatives
• Keep abreast on latest ground and avionic technologies, conduct analysis (e.g. satellite communications)
• Define and implement future technological experience; work cross departmentally on maximizing mobile app and inflight system functionalities
• Prepare management reports, presentations, and business cases
• University graduate with minimum seven years’ working experience
• Strong technical background in Engineering or IT preferred
• Influencer to suppliers and industry players, urging for continuous improvement of products that deliver the desirable experience we want for our customers
• Excellent project management skills with experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
• Polished interpersonal and presentation skills and excellent communication abilities
• Able to work both independently and within a team
• Mature people management skills that can deal with complex resource allocation; be able to develop and groom team members
• Commercially astute
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Sound knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
• Excellent written and spoken English
Interested applicants should apply online at http://www.cathaypacific.com/careers.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
The Account Manager has overall responsibility for all aspects of the inflight entertainment video content of an airline, including implementation of the content strategy across all platforms; managing the budget and delivering relevant reports; managing deals and negotiations with a variety of suppliers; research, screening and content recommendations; maintenance of programming schedules; on-time delivery of all media; and adherence by all team members to established timelines and processes. The Account Manager serves as the primary point of contact between the airline representatives and all Spafax departments, they act as an ambassador for the airline's requirements within Spafax and are responsible for timely resolution of any issues and communication between all parties. Position will be based in Atlanta, with approximately 25% travel between Atlanta and Spafax Orange (California), as necessary.
-Maintain a product manual, processes and procedural documents, timelines and other key documentation. Manage relationships with third party suppliers.
-Ensure familiarity the airline's product and service requirements and ensure Spafax delivers the contracted scope of work.
-Ensure familiarity with the airline's brand, key marketing initiatives and any other priorities as communicated by the airline. Work closely with the Brand Manager. Ensure communication of these priorities to all relevant staff.
-Establish a programming strategy in conjunction with key Delta staff.
-Direct the Spafax team on creative strategy, ensure that editorial guidelines are created for all content and that all content is delivered in accordance with these guideline.
-Research new sources of movie, TV and digital product in conjunction with acquisitions staff and the Brand Manager. Circulate information including industry trends, new distributors, outcome of research to DL.
-Manage programming schedules, with direction to Account Coordinator as required, ensuring strict adherence to assigned timelines.
-Manage the internal processes to deliver the content, sign-off and delivery in a timely and efficient manner.
-Manage a programming budget, ensure adherence to agreed spend parameters and provide monthly reports; Manage PPV reportings
-Research, recommend and implement new financial/business strategies, along with new content licensing initiatives/deals to improve the overall financial performance.
-Prepare documentation and pricing for ad-hoc projects (for example new video productions) together with Director Client Services.
-4+ years client service experience, ideally in the entertainment (feature film, TV or digital content) or media sectors; Relevant work experience within the airline industry is a plus.
-Experience in programming and scheduling movies and TV; demonstrable contacts with content distributors is desired; production experience is an added advantage if you have the know-how to source, produce and package content.
-Experience in negotiations, cost management and budget planning.
-Demonstrated ability to interpret market research data, content ratings and translate into programming strategy for airline clients.
-Good communication skills; strong organizational, planning and time management skills; highly numerate and an eye for detail; an ability to work as part of a team and interact with a variety of individuals.
-Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
-Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
Avionics Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Role Profile -
Under limited supervision, responsible for managing the overall program for Kontron's major customers in the global Avionics Business Line. This includes managing all company wide tasks required to support the customer's program and/or requirements. The customer programs are complicated in nature and the Program Manager, Avionics is directly responsible for the overall success of the program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities -
•Leads cross functional teams to address customer requirements. This may include overseas project and program teams.
•Management of overall program scope, schedule, and cost to ensure cost targets and program milestones are achieved.
•Oversee the development and implementation of new processes that are required to support the project and/or program.
•Responsible for contract review and input. Directly responsible for execution of contractual requirements.
•Actively involved in all business aspects of the program to include; engineering, supply chain, design control, customer service, quality assurance.
•Manages multiple programs simultaneously
•Manage all phases of a customer program from product development through end of life.
•Coordinate product qualification and certification to applicable airworthiness standards
•Orchestrates quarterly business reviews
•Contribute to business development activities in regard to Bid and Proposal development and program definition.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Aeronautics, Computer Science or other Technical degree
•A minimum of 5 years direct experience in customer program management for Military & Aerospace industry.
•Specialized experience in the execution of Commercial Avionics programs is required
•Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all professional levels and foreign entities
•Must have strong leadership and organizational skills to facilitate cross functional teams
•Team builder who is able to mentor and influence others for a positive outcome
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point & Project
•Experience with MRP systems such as SAP is desired
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Avionics Business Line Manager
San Diego, CA
The Avionics Business Line Manager has primary responsibility and ownership of the performance of the BL. This includes tracking/achieving financial targets such as BL revenue, Gross Margin, bookings, backlog and costs. The BL Manager has responsibility for the global Business Development and Technical Specialist functions for the BL which are key to successfully winning and executing Avionics programs.
Your main areas of focus will include:
• Management of Avionics Business Line globally – both financial and technical responsibilities
• Ownership of Business Development & Technical Specialist functions within Avionics BL
• Supervise global teams within the BL to support these critical functions
• Facilitate teamwork with Engineering, Program Management, Operations, Repair Center
• Revenue & cost forecasting/execution to Business Line targets
• Reporting regular status of key BL metrics with escalation to red flag issues as necessary
Ideally, you will have:
• BS or MS in applicable technical area such as Computer Science, EE, Aeronautical Engineering
• 10-20 years experience in Avionics or related industry
• Minimum 5 years experience in management of technical & business functions in Avionics
• Ability to work with global teams in NA, EMEA & APAC
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of Inflight Dublin’s continuing growth, we are now seeking to recruit Client Managers in the US and in Dublin. The Account Managers will be responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining long term relationships with clients, maximising business development opportunities within each account and brand enhancement. These roles provide exciting opportunities for dynamic self-starters, with proven abilities to maintain and grow existing accounts and relationships.
Reporting to the CEO, each Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
1.Management of a number of airline accounts, which will involve creating and implementing strategies and budgets, managing content and developing client relations;
2.Working with cross-functional teams within the company to ensure high quality service delivery;
3.Writing business plans for existing accounts, and leading new tender opportunities; and
4.Attending industry conferences where required.
International travel is a requirement of the role.
The key attributes and skills that we are looking for in each candidate are:
•Ambition – hungry to succeed and make their mark in this organisation;
•Self-starter / good initiative with an ability to learn quickly;
•A track record of seeking out and converting new sales opportunities;
•Proactive with a track record of delivering on commitments and meeting deadlines;
•Confident communicator, both verbal and written;
•International experience and multicultural understanding and awareness is an advantage, as is fluency in a non-English language;
•Good team player who is prepared to make an extra effort to help his / her colleagues;
•Excellent personal presentation and presence;
•3rd level qualification from a recognised Institution; and
•Knowledge of Movie and TV content is beneficial.
The remuneration package will be commensurate with the requirements and expectations of the role and depending on relevant experience
Metadata and Publicity Coordinator
Spafax has successfully provided inflight entertainment and media services to airlines for 25 years. We deliver entertainment to a large number of clients worldwide including British Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Air Canada and Royal Jordanian.
We are looking for two candidates to join our busy global metadata team, based in our Central London office. The roles involve supplying metadata and maintaining databases for several clients.
The successful candidates will have good accuracy skills and be keen to work in a busy environment, meeting the needs of various different airlines.
•Collating, editing and proofreading synopses
•Uploading images and synopses into various portals, databases and submission templates for onboard systems and airline websites/microsites
•Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines
•Good level of organisation
•Attention to detail
•Client & supplier relationship skills
•Knowledge of written Chinese an advantage but not essential
•Basic Photoshop skills
Start date: ASAP
Technical Services - Account Coordinator (Inflight International)
West London (Marylebone), Langley (Berks) and Crawley (W. Sussex)
Award-winning airline content provider seeks a full-time coordinator for technical services to a high profile airline customer.
Duties will include:
1. Coordinating monthly updates of IFE content with other service providers and team members.
2. Customer relations.
3. Metadata entry & configuration management.
4. Attending acceptance tests for content releases in Langley ,Berks & Crawley, West Sussex.
5. Financial administration
•Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
•Client-facing account management experience in either an IFE, distribution or acquisitions role
•Proven client and team management skills
•Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
•Being a self-starter, highly motivated and flexible; excelling under pressure
Contact Tony Taverner at email@example.com.
General Manager - Client Services Asia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The position is based in our office in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, leading and directing a team of Client Service Managers. The roles primary focus is on airline accounts based in Asia. This is a senior role within the Management team.
The role is to lead client services managers to ensure programming is in keeping with the airline’s strategy and brand positioning. The role must ensure the on-time delivery of content to our airline customers. The position also focuses on implementing new airline accounts, including processes and procedures in line with agreed commitments.
• Ensure Client Service Managers meet content delivery deadlines for all client airlines.
• Ensure all programming is kept within budget requirements.
• Develop delivery timelines and manuals for client airlines.
• Deliver monthly reports.
• Develop programming strategies.
• Work closely and effectively with peers.
• Lead formal quarterly reviews on content strategy.
• Develop and implement overall content strategy, including strategies and input for new or renewed contracts.
• In conjunction with Business Development work on the submission requirements of tenders
• Track and report on the effectiveness of content strategies
• Be up to date with and communicate market trends.
• Have a complete understanding of the entire Inflight entertainment process.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within the Airline Industry
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with managing a team
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Proven analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to view issues in a holistic manner.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• An understanding of content (Movie/TV/Games) licensing.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proficient use of Micro soft Office, particularly Excel
Please send applications with accompanying resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Technical Services - Digital Media Engineer (Inflight Entertainment)
Langley (Berks) and Crawley (W. Sussex)
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with a keen attention to detail to work fulltime in Langley. The position involves file management and quality control of digital media (MPEG formats) for airline In-flight Entertainment systems. The candidate will also be required to perform acceptance tests of content on mock-up/test systems, pro-actively identifying and solving media and metadata related issues.
Duties will include:
1. Detailed recording of received digital material
2. Converting digital files to proprietary formats using OEM software
3. QC of media and archiving materials to disk based media
4. Performing acceptance tests for IFE content
•Advanced I.T. skills. (Understanding of TCP/IP, Networking)
•Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
•Basic knowledge of MPEG digital video and audio specifications/standards. (Understanding of basic digital video concepts such as compression,aspect ratios, artefacts)
•Ability to manage and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
•High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Contact Tony Taverner at email@example.com.
Interact Network, Inc.
Interact, an in-flight media solutions provider, is looking for a European Manager based in Rome, Italy. The position will require this individual to assist with the company’s variety of service offerings in the region and will report to the Director – Global Business Development. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inflight Entertainment (IFE) Content Specialist
About Your Job:
You will play a critical role in ensuring Qatar Airways remains at the leading edge of in-flight entertainment and continues to offer its passengers an enhanced IFE experience. You will oversee the monthly recommendation and selection of inflight entertainment content and will supervise the production of the Oryx Entertainment Guide.
You will be responsible to sign off IFE content while evaluating the existing content to identify improvements as well as research and recommend TV, Music and Movies for our IFE systems each month. You will supervise the monthly production schedules with Content Service Provider and Magazine publisher.
It will be your job to assist with monitoring and maintaining IFE budget and support monitoring media statistics such as box office receipts and TV viewing figures to ensure we understand passenger requirements for all main QR markets. You will conduct a qualitative selection of content based on routes, passenger demographics and airline sensibilities and periodically audit onboard reading material.
You will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Communications, Creative or Media Production.
You will have a minimum of 5 years of job related experience within the IFE industry with an airline or Content Service Provider. To be successful you will need good knowledge in media integration and systems and IFE hardware. Exceptional English communication skills are essential and Arabic communication will be an asset.
Contact Natalie Charlton at email@example.com
Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Media Technician to join our growing team in Langley.
As a Media Technician you will track incoming digital media assets and coordinate quality control, technical compliance and status with internal departments. Assist in configuring, processing, integrating and testing customer media for In-Flight Entertainment Systems to support recurring media update programs.
As a Media Technician your responsibilities will include:
Tracking and Initial Quality Verification
•Logs and tracks all incoming digital media and communicates status of delivery to media lab and program managers.
•Validates quality of content and technical compliance including audio/video sync issues, language verification and metadata correctness.
•Coordinates re-working of rejected media with encoding labs.
Configure, Integration and Test
•Configures, processes, integrates and tests customer media builds.
•Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for least complex products.
•Conducts software loading, integration and system testing to include logging all failures and anomalies per customer In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) and seat application software for various requirement documents.
•Maintains integration of rack test harnesses and specialized lab equipment.
•Installs system software to include third party vendor software.
•Solves minor system, software, rack wiring and/or LRU interface problems.
•Identifies/observes video pixilation and audio/video sync issues.
•Follows Project Level Labour Track procedures and routine work instructions as defined in Panasonic Avionics Quality Management System.
Research and Problem Solving
•Researches problems discovered by Quality Assurance or product support and develop solutions to the problem.
Skills and Qualification
•Must have experience in working as a Media Technician or similar.
•Experience in systems integration or digital media post production environment preferred.
•IT skills in Windows and Linux environments at the administrator level.
•Exposure to and experience with; MySQL, VB Scripting and MPEG Standards.
•Good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
•High level of attention to detail and the ability to work effectively as part of a team while under pressure to deliver to strict monthly deadlines.
•Ability to analytically resolve issues and problems, to maintain work flow, quality, and on-time delivery.
•Learns to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
•Follows narrowly defined practices and procedures in analysing situations or data.
•Receives detailed instructions on all work.
Contact Jay Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Integration Engineers
TWO Media Integration Engineer positions are available immediately, based in London, working on a world-leading airline account. Responsibilities will include checking video and audio content, media integration, metadata entry and timeline generation.
Successful applicants will work as a part of our technical team reporting to our CTO.
Testing aircraft media prior to release to airline:
•QC of encoded entertainment media received from labs to ensure they are defect-free and match the airline’s requirements.
•Loading media to test racks and creation of relevant documentation
•Monitoring test racks through media and software checks
•Communicating with clients and third parties where required
Training will be provided and you will continually learn about the processes in an evolving and exciting industry. Opportunity for growth and gaining rich experience within a global, innovative entertainment company with international clientele.
Contact email: email@example.com
In the near future, we will have openings for a number of roles based in California, across our technical services including editing and operational positions. Expressions of interest are welcomed.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
DMD Phantom, part of Dawson Media Direct (DMD), has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to drive new sales activity in Inflight Entertainment. Your ability to ensure strong strategic growth across digital markets, and the identification of key pipeline opportunities will be evidenced in your work history.
You will be responsible for delivering sales across DMD Phantom digital product streams, including Bluebox and IFE content.
You will be an experienced, results driven IFE sales professional and a confident presenter who will represent the company at IFEC trade sales events. Key to your success in this role will be your ability to develop opportunities to build relationships and negotiate through influence and persuasion. It is important that you are able to travel internationally at short notice.
It will be necessary to provide evidence of a full 5 year employment history to comply with UK Security regulations.
Hours:37 Hours (flexibility as required to travel aboard)
Salary:Based on experience
To apply please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Manager, Media Services
The Thales IFEC product and service offering is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. We have sold over 1800 systems to more than 75 world airlines, and we are installing an estimated 120 aircraft each year. In visiting one of our facilities, you will see our "Make it Brilliant" poster. This is the mantra our employees chose for the Thales IFEC business which reflects our passion to be the BEST.
Our organization is made up of many diverse cultures which together represent the best of what the world has to offer. With customer satisfaction at the heart of our work principles, we focus on the unique differences of our customers with the goal of making our products an important part of their brand.
Purpose of Job
Thales has an exciting new Media Manager II position located in Irvine, CA. This position’s role is to liaise with the world’s leading airlines and lead the design and execution of their passenger’s inflight entertainment experience. This role is also responsible for the account and project management of interactive software and media services.
Sales and Marketing support as required.
Management of all aspects of the airline’s passenger GUI from requirements gathering to final customer acceptance testing and deployment.
Generate and maintain project schedules, action lists, status reports and track to completion.
Participate in program reviews, customer meetings, software validation, verification and formal testing.
Manage airline customer’s recurring monthly interactive media content needs including movie releases, TV programming, audio CD’s, games and third party applications.
Works closely with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
Global travel from 20-45% of the time is required.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word:
• Experience with GUI applications required
• Experience and/or training in Web development and media design
• Project management experience among cross-functional teams
• Photoshop and/or web development skills highly desirable
Learn more about us at: http://www.thales-ifec.com/
To Apply Visit: https://thales.taleo.net : Job Number 1403534
Thales Avionics Inc. – IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted.
Linstol’s continued growth across the globe means that we need to strengthen our team with the appointment of a new Sales Manager in our UK office. The primary role will be to respond to customer and potential customer supply requirements, preparing and participating in tender requests with creative cost-effective pricing and supply solutions. The sales manager will meet with customers and prospective customers to understand their needs and propose innovative solutions using product and industry knowledge. Compensation package is commensurate with experience. Please contact Peter.Hough@Linstol.com.
SWA Account Manager
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. is the leading full service platform offering both content and connectivity for the worldwide airline industry. Through its combined content, distribution and technology platforms, Global Eagle provides airlines and the millions of travelers they serve with the industry’s most complete offering of in-flight video content, e-commerce and information services. Through its Row 44 subsidiary, Global Eagle utilizes Ku-band satellite technology to provide airline passengers with Internet access, live television, shopping and travel-related information. Currently installed on more than 480 aircraft, Row 44 has the largest fleet of connected entertainment platforms operating over land and sea globally.
In order to deliver and sustain a strong and successful partnership with Southwest Airlines (a very large customer of Row44/GEE) we are searching for a highly experienced Account manager to become the chief liaison of our relationship with SWA.
Our SWA Account manager will be the overall ambassador for SWA into Row 44.
•To be the ‘On-site’ advocate for SWA on behalf of Row44;
•To assure achievements of the account by monitoring all issues, reports, launches etc.;
•To secure top level and top quality customer relationships across SWA;
•To work with the Lombard Row44 team and ensure that all technical aspects are fully understood by SWA and to ‘bridge the gap’ between technical and marketing;
•To propose business development opportunities and to identify potential business partners.
•To present a high level market briefing with ease that resonates with all of row44 experiences ;
•To produce high level regional approach plan using provided data sources and personal market/account knowledge;
•To develop reports that track all aspects of portal and product status;
•To influence key customer decision makers before decision making process has started;
•To pro-actively communicate internally
•Self-driven, objective and delivery oriented;
•Communication and networking skills;
•Strong project and issues management skills;
•Timely responsiveness, capable remote communicator;
•Requires minimal direction – able to formulate direction from strategic objectives and get buy in from senior SWA team members;
•Experience with aircraft OEM industry (asset).
Work and Travel Requirements
Regional travel (mainly back to Row44 Marketing and technical offices) will be essential to be conversant with the very technical aspects of the role.
We are looking for an Arabic speaking Creative Producer to join our global market leading company and work on some instantly recognised, leading airline accounts.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality Arabic content, varying from audio programming, creative promos and other Arabic content to IFP’s clients, ensuring content is suitable for specific client needs, is accurate, on time and in line with financial expectations and IFP’s global strategy.
You will be on a fast learning curve from the airline market and our global entertainment company, absorbing the latest trends and possibilities within this fast changing industry. This is a significant role for a candidate looking to shine and grow alongside the market leading entertainment company.
Essential Skills and Experience:
•Arabic speaker with fluency in English and ability to translate between both languages using correct grammatical structures
•Experience in voice over recording, music show/promo production, music selection and programming compilation
•Working knowledge and confidence with Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word and MS Excel are key pre-requisites, as are general PC-based skills and experience. Knowledge of database systems is essential.
•Experience and knowledge of Final Cut Pro is essential as is competency in pre and post production
•Working knowledge of SADIE, Protools and audio editing software
•Basic knowledge of motion graphic design software (After Effects and Cinema 4D) preferable
•The ability to consistently deliver work of high quality against tight deadlines is considered an important attribute for people performing this role. Good communication skills are essential.
•An ability to pay attention to detail is an important attribute of people performing this role.
•An interest in all genres of Arabic video, Arabic TV production and/or broadcast TV, Arabic music, music recording and production and/or broadcast radio are desirable.
•Experience in editing, encoding and video promo/audio production.
Reporting to: VP of Creative
Start Date: Immediate
Metadata Coordinator/Rack Tester
IFP are the world’s largest in-flight entertainment service provider. Our creative integration
department is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and organized Metadata Coordinator/Rack Tester to be responsible for the monthly updating and subsequent testing of both media and software before releasing to our clients.
•Chase and monitor delivery of media encodes on a day by day basis
•Inputting and management of metadata in database systems
•Responsible for spotting and fixing any issues spotted at the rack
•Capacity to work individually or as part of a team depending on the tasks requirements.
•Compiling the media files for the update cycles and checking for any defects.
•Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
•Testing media alongside the third party software to ensure functionality before releasing to our clients.
•Assisting with the training of other team members to expand their product knowledge.
•Ensuring that agreed operational guidelines are adhered to rigorously without deviation.
•Liaising both, in person, and via electronic communication with third parties and clients in order to facilitate a common goal.
•Responsible for on time media delivery
•Knowledge of video/audio encoding formats
•General knowledge of popular TV, movies and audio
•Good knowledge of the English language (UK) and grammar
•Knowledge of different aircraft hardware systems
•High level of attention to detail.
•An ability to plan, prioritise and organise my own workload.
•Capacity to work individually or as part of a team depending on the tasks requirements.
•Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving.
Stellar Entertainment has almost 40 years experience as a provider of premium content and production services to several industries.
The company offers world class IFE solutions, video and audio production and post production, music composition, content acquisition and technical services as well as software development to many clients.
With 6 offices we are proud to offer innovative, forward thinking solutions for our clients.
Due to ongoing growth opportunities, we are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team in various locations including Asia, The Middle East and the USA.
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are skilled in any of the following areas:
* Managing and Directing People/Teams
* Understand the IFE process in different disciplines - content acquisition, business development, technical services or client management.
If you wish to submit your resume, please include a cover letter with your area of experience/interest and preferred geographic location.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regards, the Stellar Entertainment Team.
Account Management and Content Acquisition positions – Madrid
Spafax has openings in a new office being set up in Madrid to service our new Iberia Airlines account. We are looking for talented and bilingual (English/Spanish) individuals with experience in account management, movie and TV content acquisitions, and administrative functions. Please contact email@example.com.
High Life Entertainment Account Director
Leading the team managing the day-to-day running of the British Airways high life Entertainment account, supplying inflight entertainment and a range of related services within and beyond the aircraft environment.
The role will include working with the wider team to create and develop future strategy and opportunity, as well as managing the selection and creative scheduling of content, operational changes and development as well as financial administration.
The experience you bring to this role will include:
•Five years client-facing account management experience in either an IFE, distribution or acquisitions role within the movie or TV industry
•Proven client and team management skills
•Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
•Being a self-starter, highly motivated and flexible; excelling under pressure
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: December 2 2013
Vice President, Engineering, IFE Systems Project Engineers and Program Managers
Irvine, California, USA
Lumexis is Expanding its Team. Lumexis Corporation is looking for the very best to help handle extreme growth in our IFE business:
Vice President, Engineering, IFE Systems Project Engineers and Program Managers. Irvine, CA
Qualified applicants may obtain additional information and submit resumes to Sherie Sellers, Human Resources Manager email@example.com
TOUCH is a US based IFEC company with arms and heart big enough to embrace the world. We serve the airline industry with a goal of getting our customers to the point where they feel that we are an extension of their IFEC team. TOUCH is plugged-in at a global and regional level, present in the industry, in our Customer's territories and at their front door step whenever they need us to. We champion IFEC as a tool to entertain passengers, to help market the airline brand and to enhance communication channels between our Customers and their passengers. Financially responsible with our Customers' money and our own we consistently look to enhance delivery timelines and accuracy. We are Touch. In touch.
Established in 2011, Touch Inflight Solutions, serves its Customers and Partners out of its offices in Miami, Florida and in Sao Paulo, Brazil supported by its management team totaling more than 40 years in the airline and IFEC industries. For additional information, please visit www.touch.aero or send Joe an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guarantee the timely and technically correct delivery of TOUCH's IFE content and media solutions to its Airline Customers and Industry Partners. Demanding delivery timelines and complex interwoven dependencies on third party providers requires an experienced professional that demonstrates the capability to plan and monitor effectively and be a champion for Customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the Customers, Industry Partners and TOUCH. Will ensure that technical and operational requirements are adequately defined and budgeted, uniformly understood and appropriately planned for and must guarantee the successful execution of the department deliverables.
• Develop and maintain cyclical IFEC program plans for each Airline Customer identifying work scope, schedules, milestones, and internal and external team member responsibilities to ensure the integrity of the departments' deliverables.
• Act as communications focal point to the Airline and Content Distributors technical departments, industry Partners and Labs and third party suppliers such as Integrators as required.
• Maintain superb communications between TOUCH and Customers, Partners and third party providers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence. Identify all potential delivery delays and notify Account Managers, Customers, Partners and third party providers on potentially critical delays.
• Coordinate with the Account Managers the handover of the content selected each cycle and manage the online timely availability of progress data to ensure Account Managers have immediate access to the status of all new content being prepared for each Airline Customer and Partner.
• Manage the preparation and delivery of Purchase Orders. Review and approve third party invoices related to the Technical and Operations Department.
• Manage and guarantee the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all metadata required (such as SDS and CTRs) including synopsis, translations and images.
• Manage the delivery of metadata into the Integrator's online systems such as MMA and DCMS.
• Coordinate with the Distributors and the Labs the timely availability and delivery of content masters.
• Manage TOUCH Labs' deliverables to Integrators and airlines and, where required, support the airline with the onboard implementation of new content cycles.
• Develop and manage the department's annual budget and ongoing reviews.
• Assist the Managing Director in the development of new opportunities driven by the new technologies and new suppliers entering the IFEC industry.
• Assist in the definition and maintenance of the company's internal systems solutions.
• Assist the company in the pursuit of new business.
• Demonstrated superb organization and planning ability to multitask and handle a variety of customers and third party suppliers.
• Demonstrated excellent ability to articulate and resolve all departmental problems with minimal help from management.
• Have ability to work out difficult situations/problems with customers and third party suppliers to ensure win-win situation for Customers, Industry partners and TOUCH.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
• Strong team building skills required.
• Select, train and monitor performance of technical support staff, work assignments, guidance relative to problem solving and recommendations relative to advancement and performance appraisals.
• Knowledge of computer and use of software packages (Windows operating system, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and must be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and Customers and third party providers on a business and social level.
• Needs to work well with people under pressure including people from adverse cultural and political backgrounds.
• Must be outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
• Be a creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
• 4-year University degree in a technical field or 6 years’ related experience in Project Management, Systems Engineering or Software development in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 4 years related work experience in technical program or project management, 2 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
• Background in IFEC (from either airline, CSP, Lab, hardware provider) or Aerospace industry highly desired.
• Advanced Microsoft Project experience preferred.
• Ability for up to 10-20% domestic and international travel required
• Ability to speak additional languages preferred
• The Manager, Technical Services and Operations position is based in Miami, FL, USA
Contact Maria Claudia Paroni at email@example.com.
AVID Airline Products
Account Executive - Airline Sales
Middletown, RI USA
The Account Executive will be responsible for business development with assigned airline accounts both domestic and international. The account executive will inherit active accounts as well as assignments to inactive accounts that are targeted for further development. AVID manufactures, sells, and distributes inflight comfort and entertainment products to airlines worldwide. Up to 25% travel may be required.
•Build relationships with existing clients and work to identify future product needs and potential expansion of product assortment offered to such clients
•Identify new and inactive accounts, understand their needs, and exploit opportunities to improve sales volume
•Evaluate and implement appropriate techniques and programs to increase sales volumes
•Gain an understanding of the company’s product line to be able to effectively communicate with the clients and offer product opportunities and solutions
•Prepare quotation packages with customer product specifications to include material, labor costs, margins, and freight
•Proactively suggest product substitutions based on inventory availability and excess inventory levels
•Receive and verify customer purchase orders, checking for accuracy and detail
•Maintain customer data base in CRM software and ensure that all client information is up to date
•Work directly with inside customer service to facilitate tracking and follow-up on orders
•Work directly with inside purchasing, communicating customer requirements and regularly review customer forecasts and make required adjustments
•Develop and execute a business plan designed to meet the sales budget and review with the Sales Manager for approval
Desired Minimum Education & Experience
•Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing
•3 years of experience in business to business sales
•Excellent command of the English language in spoken and written form
•Spanish language skills a plus
•Must be self-motivated and task oriented. Need to have highly developed written and verbal communication skills
•Strong organizational skills
•Ability to learn the specification and technical details of the products
•Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements
•Possess a sales aptitude and interest in solving problems and preventing errors
•Proficient in MS Office applications including: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
•Maintain a positive attitude and work well as a member of a team
Manager IFE Content Development
About Your Job:
You will lead the sourcing and strategy of IFE content for the airlines existing and future fleets, while managing day to day production and overseeing monthly expenditure. You will be responsible to source new IFE content while evaluating the existing content to identify improvements. You will deliver 12 monthly IFE programs for First, Business and Economy class that feature movies, audio, TV programs and games in Arabic and other regional languages, for short and long haul flights. You will also be required to regularly evaluate the departments and team’s objectives, plans, procedures and practices to make changes if needed. A team of 8 staff will indirectly report to you and you will direct their daily activities, recruit, develop and train to ensure high standards of service delivery. Assessing product performance through passenger statistics, market research and demographics will help you to ensure that your content selection reflects the needs of the customers.
You will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Communications, Creative or Media Production.You will have managed people and be able to delegate work set clear direction and manage workflow. You will have a minimum of 5 years of job related experience within the IFE industry with a previous airline or Content Service Provider experience. To be successful you will need good knowledge in media integration and systems and IFE hardware as well as a financial understanding of movie/TV/games billing to airlines. Exceptional English communication skills are essential and Arabic communication will be an asset.
Please contact Natalie Charlton at firstname.lastname@example.org.