Virgin America Accepting Bids for CSP
Row 44 - SWA Account Manager
IFP - Creative Producer
IFP - Metadata Coordinator
Spafax - Account Management and Content Acquisition positions
Spafax - High Life Entertainment Account Director
Touch Inflight Services
AVID Airline Products
Manager, Media Services
The Thales IFEC product and service offering is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. We have sold over 1800 systems to more than 75 world airlines, and we are installing an estimated 120 aircraft each year. In visiting one of our facilities, you will see our "Make it Brilliant" poster. This is the mantra our employees chose for the Thales IFEC business which reflects our passion to be the BEST.
Our organization is made up of many diverse cultures which together represent the best of what the world has to offer. With customer satisfaction at the heart of our work principles, we focus on the unique differences of our customers with the goal of making our products an important part of their brand.
Purpose of Job
Thales has an exciting new Media Manager II position located in Irvine, CA. This position’s role is to liaise with the world’s leading airlines and lead the design and execution of their passenger’s inflight entertainment experience. This role is also responsible for the account and project management of interactive software and media services.
Sales and Marketing support as required.
Management of all aspects of the airline’s passenger GUI from requirements gathering to final customer acceptance testing and deployment.
Generate and maintain project schedules, action lists, status reports and track to completion.
Participate in program reviews, customer meetings, software validation, verification and formal testing.
Manage airline customer’s recurring monthly interactive media content needs including movie releases, TV programming, audio CD’s, games and third party applications.
Works closely with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
Global travel from 20-45% of the time is required.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word:
• Experience with GUI applications required
• Experience and/or training in Web development and media design
• Project management experience among cross-functional teams
• Photoshop and/or web development skills highly desirable
Learn more about us at: http://www.thales-ifec.com/
To Apply Visit: https://thales.taleo.net : Job Number 1403534
Thales Avionics Inc. – IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted.
Linstol’s continued growth across the globe means that we need to strengthen our team with the appointment of a new Sales Manager in our UK office. The primary role will be to respond to customer and potential customer supply requirements, preparing and participating in tender requests with creative cost-effective pricing and supply solutions. The sales manager will meet with customers and prospective customers to understand their needs and propose innovative solutions using product and industry knowledge. Compensation package is commensurate with experience. Please contact Peter.Hough@Linstol.com.
Virgin America is now accepting bids for a CSP. For RFP information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. RFP submissions will be accepted now through 30 April 2014.
SWA Account Manager
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. is the leading full service platform offering both content and connectivity for the worldwide airline industry. Through its combined content, distribution and technology platforms, Global Eagle provides airlines and the millions of travelers they serve with the industry’s most complete offering of in-flight video content, e-commerce and information services. Through its Row 44 subsidiary, Global Eagle utilizes Ku-band satellite technology to provide airline passengers with Internet access, live television, shopping and travel-related information. Currently installed on more than 480 aircraft, Row 44 has the largest fleet of connected entertainment platforms operating over land and sea globally.
In order to deliver and sustain a strong and successful partnership with Southwest Airlines (a very large customer of Row44/GEE) we are searching for a highly experienced Account manager to become the chief liaison of our relationship with SWA.
Our SWA Account manager will be the overall ambassador for SWA into Row 44.
•To be the ‘On-site’ advocate for SWA on behalf of Row44;
•To assure achievements of the account by monitoring all issues, reports, launches etc.;
•To secure top level and top quality customer relationships across SWA;
•To work with the Lombard Row44 team and ensure that all technical aspects are fully understood by SWA and to ‘bridge the gap’ between technical and marketing;
•To propose business development opportunities and to identify potential business partners.
•To present a high level market briefing with ease that resonates with all of row44 experiences ;
•To produce high level regional approach plan using provided data sources and personal market/account knowledge;
•To develop reports that track all aspects of portal and product status;
•To influence key customer decision makers before decision making process has started;
•To pro-actively communicate internally
•Self-driven, objective and delivery oriented;
•Communication and networking skills;
•Strong project and issues management skills;
•Timely responsiveness, capable remote communicator;
•Requires minimal direction – able to formulate direction from strategic objectives and get buy in from senior SWA team members;
•Experience with aircraft OEM industry (asset).
Work and Travel Requirements
Regional travel (mainly back to Row44 Marketing and technical offices) will be essential to be conversant with the very technical aspects of the role.
We are looking for an Arabic speaking Creative Producer to join our global market leading company and work on some instantly recognised, leading airline accounts.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality Arabic content, varying from audio programming, creative promos and other Arabic content to IFP’s clients, ensuring content is suitable for specific client needs, is accurate, on time and in line with financial expectations and IFP’s global strategy.
You will be on a fast learning curve from the airline market and our global entertainment company, absorbing the latest trends and possibilities within this fast changing industry. This is a significant role for a candidate looking to shine and grow alongside the market leading entertainment company.
Essential Skills and Experience:
•Arabic speaker with fluency in English and ability to translate between both languages using correct grammatical structures
•Experience in voice over recording, music show/promo production, music selection and programming compilation
•Working knowledge and confidence with Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word and MS Excel are key pre-requisites, as are general PC-based skills and experience. Knowledge of database systems is essential.
•Experience and knowledge of Final Cut Pro is essential as is competency in pre and post production
•Working knowledge of SADIE, Protools and audio editing software
•Basic knowledge of motion graphic design software (After Effects and Cinema 4D) preferable
•The ability to consistently deliver work of high quality against tight deadlines is considered an important attribute for people performing this role. Good communication skills are essential.
•An ability to pay attention to detail is an important attribute of people performing this role.
•An interest in all genres of Arabic video, Arabic TV production and/or broadcast TV, Arabic music, music recording and production and/or broadcast radio are desirable.
•Experience in editing, encoding and video promo/audio production.
Reporting to: VP of Creative
Start Date: Immediate
Metadata Coordinator/Rack Tester
IFP are the world’s largest in-flight entertainment service provider. Our creative integration
department is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and organized Metadata Coordinator/Rack Tester to be responsible for the monthly updating and subsequent testing of both media and software before releasing to our clients.
•Chase and monitor delivery of media encodes on a day by day basis
•Inputting and management of metadata in database systems
•Responsible for spotting and fixing any issues spotted at the rack
•Capacity to work individually or as part of a team depending on the tasks requirements.
•Compiling the media files for the update cycles and checking for any defects.
•Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
•Testing media alongside the third party software to ensure functionality before releasing to our clients.
•Assisting with the training of other team members to expand their product knowledge.
•Ensuring that agreed operational guidelines are adhered to rigorously without deviation.
•Liaising both, in person, and via electronic communication with third parties and clients in order to facilitate a common goal.
•Responsible for on time media delivery
•Knowledge of video/audio encoding formats
•General knowledge of popular TV, movies and audio
•Good knowledge of the English language (UK) and grammar
•Knowledge of different aircraft hardware systems
•High level of attention to detail.
•An ability to plan, prioritise and organise my own workload.
•Capacity to work individually or as part of a team depending on the tasks requirements.
•Patience and an analytical approach to tasks and problem solving.
Stellar Entertainment has almost 40 years experience as a provider of premium content and production services to several industries.
The company offers world class IFE solutions, video and audio production and post production, music composition, content acquisition and technical services as well as software development to many clients.
With 6 offices we are proud to offer innovative, forward thinking solutions for our clients.
Due to ongoing growth opportunities, we are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team in various locations including Asia, The Middle East and the USA.
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are skilled in any of the following areas:
* Managing and Directing People/Teams
* Understand the IFE process in different disciplines - content acquisition, business development, technical services or client management.
If you wish to submit your resume, please include a cover letter with your area of experience/interest and preferred geographic location.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please email to email@example.com
Regards, the Stellar Entertainment Team.
Account Management and Content Acquisition positions – Madrid
Spafax has openings in a new office being set up in Madrid to service our new Iberia Airlines account. We are looking for talented and bilingual (English/Spanish) individuals with experience in account management, movie and TV content acquisitions, and administrative functions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
High Life Entertainment Account Director
Leading the team managing the day-to-day running of the British Airways high life Entertainment account, supplying inflight entertainment and a range of related services within and beyond the aircraft environment.
The role will include working with the wider team to create and develop future strategy and opportunity, as well as managing the selection and creative scheduling of content, operational changes and development as well as financial administration.
The experience you bring to this role will include:
•Five years client-facing account management experience in either an IFE, distribution or acquisitions role within the movie or TV industry
•Proven client and team management skills
•Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
•Being a self-starter, highly motivated and flexible; excelling under pressure
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline: December 2 2013
Vice President, Engineering, IFE Systems Project Engineers and Program Managers
Irvine, California, USA
Lumexis is Expanding its Team. Lumexis Corporation is looking for the very best to help handle extreme growth in our IFE business:
Vice President, Engineering, IFE Systems Project Engineers and Program Managers. Irvine, CA
Qualified applicants may obtain additional information and submit resumes to Sherie Sellers, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
TOUCH is a US based IFEC company with arms and heart big enough to embrace the world. We serve the airline industry with a goal of getting our customers to the point where they feel that we are an extension of their IFEC team. TOUCH is plugged-in at a global and regional level, present in the industry, in our Customer's territories and at their front door step whenever they need us to. We champion IFEC as a tool to entertain passengers, to help market the airline brand and to enhance communication channels between our Customers and their passengers. Financially responsible with our Customers' money and our own we consistently look to enhance delivery timelines and accuracy. We are Touch. In touch.
Established in 2011, Touch Inflight Solutions, serves its Customers and Partners out of its offices in Miami, Florida and in Sao Paulo, Brazil supported by its management team totaling more than 40 years in the airline and IFEC industries. For additional information, please visit www.touch.aero or send Joe an email at email@example.com
Guarantee the timely and technically correct delivery of TOUCH's IFE content and media solutions to its Airline Customers and Industry Partners. Demanding delivery timelines and complex interwoven dependencies on third party providers requires an experienced professional that demonstrates the capability to plan and monitor effectively and be a champion for Customer satisfaction while managing program performance to meet the needs of the Customers, Industry Partners and TOUCH. Will ensure that technical and operational requirements are adequately defined and budgeted, uniformly understood and appropriately planned for and must guarantee the successful execution of the department deliverables.
• Develop and maintain cyclical IFEC program plans for each Airline Customer identifying work scope, schedules, milestones, and internal and external team member responsibilities to ensure the integrity of the departments' deliverables.
• Act as communications focal point to the Airline and Content Distributors technical departments, industry Partners and Labs and third party suppliers such as Integrators as required.
• Maintain superb communications between TOUCH and Customers, Partners and third party providers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence. Identify all potential delivery delays and notify Account Managers, Customers, Partners and third party providers on potentially critical delays.
• Coordinate with the Account Managers the handover of the content selected each cycle and manage the online timely availability of progress data to ensure Account Managers have immediate access to the status of all new content being prepared for each Airline Customer and Partner.
• Manage the preparation and delivery of Purchase Orders. Review and approve third party invoices related to the Technical and Operations Department.
• Manage and guarantee the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all metadata required (such as SDS and CTRs) including synopsis, translations and images.
• Manage the delivery of metadata into the Integrator's online systems such as MMA and DCMS.
• Coordinate with the Distributors and the Labs the timely availability and delivery of content masters.
• Manage TOUCH Labs' deliverables to Integrators and airlines and, where required, support the airline with the onboard implementation of new content cycles.
• Develop and manage the department's annual budget and ongoing reviews.
• Assist the Managing Director in the development of new opportunities driven by the new technologies and new suppliers entering the IFEC industry.
• Assist in the definition and maintenance of the company's internal systems solutions.
• Assist the company in the pursuit of new business.
• Demonstrated superb organization and planning ability to multitask and handle a variety of customers and third party suppliers.
• Demonstrated excellent ability to articulate and resolve all departmental problems with minimal help from management.
• Have ability to work out difficult situations/problems with customers and third party suppliers to ensure win-win situation for Customers, Industry partners and TOUCH.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of program needs.
• Strong team building skills required.
• Select, train and monitor performance of technical support staff, work assignments, guidance relative to problem solving and recommendations relative to advancement and performance appraisals.
• Knowledge of computer and use of software packages (Windows operating system, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and must be highly presentable and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and Customers and third party providers on a business and social level.
• Needs to work well with people under pressure including people from adverse cultural and political backgrounds.
• Must be outgoing, self motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
• Be a creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
• 4-year University degree in a technical field or 6 years’ related experience in Project Management, Systems Engineering or Software development in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 4 years related work experience in technical program or project management, 2 of which must have been in a leadership capacity.
• Background in IFEC (from either airline, CSP, Lab, hardware provider) or Aerospace industry highly desired.
• Advanced Microsoft Project experience preferred.
• Ability for up to 10-20% domestic and international travel required
• Ability to speak additional languages preferred
• The Manager, Technical Services and Operations position is based in Miami, FL, USA
Contact Maria Claudia Paroni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVID Airline Products
Account Executive - Airline Sales
Middletown, RI USA
The Account Executive will be responsible for business development with assigned airline accounts both domestic and international. The account executive will inherit active accounts as well as assignments to inactive accounts that are targeted for further development. AVID manufactures, sells, and distributes inflight comfort and entertainment products to airlines worldwide. Up to 25% travel may be required.
•Build relationships with existing clients and work to identify future product needs and potential expansion of product assortment offered to such clients
•Identify new and inactive accounts, understand their needs, and exploit opportunities to improve sales volume
•Evaluate and implement appropriate techniques and programs to increase sales volumes
•Gain an understanding of the company’s product line to be able to effectively communicate with the clients and offer product opportunities and solutions
•Prepare quotation packages with customer product specifications to include material, labor costs, margins, and freight
•Proactively suggest product substitutions based on inventory availability and excess inventory levels
•Receive and verify customer purchase orders, checking for accuracy and detail
•Maintain customer data base in CRM software and ensure that all client information is up to date
•Work directly with inside customer service to facilitate tracking and follow-up on orders
•Work directly with inside purchasing, communicating customer requirements and regularly review customer forecasts and make required adjustments
•Develop and execute a business plan designed to meet the sales budget and review with the Sales Manager for approval
Desired Minimum Education & Experience
•Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing
•3 years of experience in business to business sales
•Excellent command of the English language in spoken and written form
•Spanish language skills a plus
•Must be self-motivated and task oriented. Need to have highly developed written and verbal communication skills
•Strong organizational skills
•Ability to learn the specification and technical details of the products
•Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements
•Possess a sales aptitude and interest in solving problems and preventing errors
•Proficient in MS Office applications including: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
•Maintain a positive attitude and work well as a member of a team
Manager IFE Content Development
About Your Job:
You will lead the sourcing and strategy of IFE content for the airlines existing and future fleets, while managing day to day production and overseeing monthly expenditure. You will be responsible to source new IFE content while evaluating the existing content to identify improvements. You will deliver 12 monthly IFE programs for First, Business and Economy class that feature movies, audio, TV programs and games in Arabic and other regional languages, for short and long haul flights. You will also be required to regularly evaluate the departments and team’s objectives, plans, procedures and practices to make changes if needed. A team of 8 staff will indirectly report to you and you will direct their daily activities, recruit, develop and train to ensure high standards of service delivery. Assessing product performance through passenger statistics, market research and demographics will help you to ensure that your content selection reflects the needs of the customers.
You will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Communications, Creative or Media Production.You will have managed people and be able to delegate work set clear direction and manage workflow. You will have a minimum of 5 years of job related experience within the IFE industry with a previous airline or Content Service Provider experience. To be successful you will need good knowledge in media integration and systems and IFE hardware as well as a financial understanding of movie/TV/games billing to airlines. Exceptional English communication skills are essential and Arabic communication will be an asset.
Please contact Natalie Charlton at email@example.com.