All travelers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival into Singapore.
The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Singapore:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Singapore visa, if applicable (refer to the Visa Requirements for more information)
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
- Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on the visitor’s passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
Visitors are also reminded that it is a punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. If there is a need to stay beyond the period granted, visitors may apply for an extension of stay online via e-XTEND or at the Visitors Services Centre, 4th storey, ICA Building, before the visit pass expires. Application for extension of stay is subject to approval.
Extension of Stay
A traveller who wishes to extend his/her stay in Singapore may apply for an extension of short term social visit pass if he/she:
- has not previously obtained an extension of stay on this trip
- wishes to extend his/her stay up to 89 days from date of entry to Singapore
- whose social visit pass currently has a remaining validity of not less than 2 days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
Alternatively, you may apply at the Visitor Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Each application is considered on its own merits.
Please make sure that you do not overstay in Singapore if your application for extension of stay is not approved.