EXPO Brings Together the Entire End-to-End Passenger Experience
Long Beach, CA. USA – The airline industry once again descended on Long Beach, California for APEX/IFSA EXPO. The highly anticipated event brings the industry’s top airlines, suppliers, caterers, alliances and airports to the most comprehensive show floor. Nearly 2000 attendees, including representatives from more than 50 airlines visited with 100+ exhibitors.
The successful in-person event featured a day-long Thought Leadership Conference, sponsored by Thales, BBC World News and Formia and emceed by BBC World News Talking Business Presenter Aaron Heslehurst. The event featured some of the influential leaders shaping the industry today, such as:
- Air New Zealand CEO, Greg Foran discuss how, after joining the airline just as the COVID-19, the airline has not just survived, but is ambitiously setting a new long-haul standard.
- Andre Viljoen, Fiji Airways CEO, reviewed the rapid evolution the airline has been experiencing, from a value-focused connection airline to a destination airline of choice across the South Pacific, including investments made to elevate the experience with best-in-class service, bedding, warmth, five-star chef menus.
- Lania Rittenhouse, Spirit Airlines Vice President, Guest Experience, Brand & Communications, took center stage to reveal the latest guest experience investment with enhanced, wider seats. The new Vector Light™️ seats and the Vector Premium™️ product for the Big Front Seats®, manufactured by HAECO Cabin Solutions, will be wider, include extra cushion and new, more comfortable features to continue enhancing the Guest experience.
In addition, the APEX/IFSA Board of Governors discussed and voted to implement the first ever APEX/IFSA sustainable supplier program. The impressive roster of executives on the Board of Governors include: Chairman, Greg Foran, CEO Air New Zealand, Justin Erbacci, CEO, Los Angeles World Airports Jeffrey Goh, CEO, Star Alliance, André Viljoen, CEO Fiji Airways, Jeffrey Goh, CEO, Star Alliance, Shaenaz Voss, CEO, Fiji Link, John Thomas, CEO, Connect Airlines, and Alex Wilcox, CEO, JSX.
Attendees also took part in thought leadership seminars that covered topics such as the convergence of IFE and connectivity, and IFE content security.
“We are excited to one-again host the entire aviation industry at APEX/IFSA EXPO. In addition to providing the most wide-ranging exhibit floor where business happens, this is the only show that brings the industry together as a community. We are proud of the advancements, thought leadership and innovation our APEX and IFSA members are making to enhance the passenger experience,” said APEX/IFSA CEO, Dr. Joe Leader.
The top airlines and vendors, who have elevated the passenger experience over the last year, were also celebrated during the Awards Ceremony, co-hosted by APEX CEO, Dr. Joe Leader, BBC’s Aaron Heslehurst, CEO of Smize Cream, Tyra Banks, and Runway Girl, Mary Kirby. The industry’s best-of-the-best received awards and recognition in the following categories:
- World Class: Airlines were awarded in this premier category of air travel for achievements based on a number of key metrics that matter to today’s travelers. Click here to view the press release.
- The Official Airline Ratings®: Four and Five Star airlines were recognized as part of the only airline rating program based solely on verified, validated, and certified passenger feedback. Click here to view the press release.
- APEX/IFSA Awards: Airline and vendors who have successfully implemented new programs and services this year were honored. Click here to view the press release.
- Passenger Choice Awards™: Airlines who provide excellence in seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment, and Wi-Fi. Click here to view the press release.
APEX also gave out the Lifetime Achievement Award to Michael Childers for his dedication to the enhancing the passenger experience and driving transformative change for APEX and the aviation industry.
For more information about and photos of all the awards given out during the APEX/IFSA Award Ceremony, please visit apex.aero, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, and sign up for the APEX Daily Experience e-newsletter.
About the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX)
As a global non-profit and one of the world’s largest international airline associations, APEX advances passenger experience with the backing of nearly every major airline and valued supplier over the past 42 years. In conjunction with both the International Flight Services Association (IFSA) and Future Travel Experience (FTE), APEX serves the full spectrum of the end-to-end travel experience. APEX reinvests all of its resources to serving its members, strengthening the worldwide airline industry, advancing thought-leadership, fostering business opportunities via events, developing global initiatives, setting key airline standards, and highlighting well-deserved recognition across our industry.
For more information about APEX, please visit apex.aero, sign up for the APEX Daily Experience e-newsletter, or follow APEX on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About the International Flight Services Association (IFSA)
The International Flight Services Association (IFSA) is a global professional association serving the needs and interests of airline and railway personnel, caterers and suppliers who provide onboard services on regularly scheduled travel routes. Under the umbrella of APEX (Airline Passenger Experience Association) serving every major airline in the world, IFSA is dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of the multi- billion dollar inflight and railway onboard service industry.
For more information about IFSA, please visit ifsa.apex.aero, or follow IFSA on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.