The aviation industry came together on a memorable evening at APEX IFSA Global EXPO in Long Beach, California to recognize and celebrate the outstanding achievements of airlines and suppliers that have propelled passenger experiences to new heights over the past year.
The prestigious APEX/IFSA Awards Ceremony, hosted by the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) and the International Flight Services Association (IFSA), marked a celebration of innovation and dedication within the aviation sector.
In his opening address, APEX/IFSA CEO Dr. Joe Leader emphasized the remarkable visionaries within the industry who have redefined the future of air travel:
“Tonight, we didn’t just celebrate the relentless drive and dedication of the airline industry’s finest, we hailed the audacious visionaries who have unequivocally redefined the future of air travel and the passenger journey.
“These are not just airlines and leading suppliers, they are titans and trailblazers who, in the face of unprecedented challenges, have not just adapted but have revolutionized the way we soar the skies. They have channeled colossal investments into game-changing technologies and groundbreaking sustainable practices.”
The night’s recognitions and honors included:
1. APEX CEO Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Joe Leader presented the APEX CEO Lifetime Achievement Award to H.E. Akbar Al Baker, the CEO of Qatar Airways Group. This prestigious award was a tribute to his relentless pursuit of excellence, which has elevated the passenger experience for Qatar Airways travelers and set a gold standard for the entire industry. Click here to learn more about how H.E. Mr. Al Baker’s visionary leadership has inspired progress across Qatar Airways and the industry overall.
2. 2024 APEX World Class Airlines: Recognizing airlines that excel in guest experience, this category saw Emirates, Japan Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAUDIA, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, and Xiamen Airlines taking top honors.
3. APEX Five Star and Four Star Airline Awards: Based solely on passenger feedback, these awards celebrated airlines that consistently provide exceptional experiences. This year more than one million verified passenger voted using TripIt, making this the industry’s most desired honor.
This year, APEX added tougher standards and more extensive professional flight audits in order to maintain a smaller and more exclusive list of Five and Four Star airlines. For images of the Five and Four Star airlines, click here.
FIVE STAR GLOBAL
Air New Zealand
Delta Air Lines
FIVE STAR MAJOR AIRLINES
Air Tahiti Nui
Royal Brunei Airlines
FIVE STAR REGIONAL AIRLINE
FOUR STAR GLOBAL AIRLINES
Pakistan International Airlines
South African Airways
Thai Airways International
FOUR STAR MAJOR AIRLINES
FOUR STAR LCCs
Sun Country Airlines
4. APEX Best In Airline Awards: These awards recognized airlines that excel in specific passenger experience categories, including Cabin Service, Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Seat Comfort, and Wi-Fi.
The following airlines were selected as the top global airlines in their respective categories: EVA Air for Best Cabin Service, Singapore Airlines for Best Entertainment, Qatar Airways for Best Food and Beverage (presented in conjunction with IFSA), Cathay Pacific for Best Seat Comfort, Delta Air Lines for Best Wi-Fi.
5. APEX/IFSA Awards: These awards acknowledged innovative achievements implemented over the past year. The 2024 APEX/IFSA Award winners are recognized for their innovations in the following categories:
- 2024 APEX AWARD WINNERS:
- Delta Air Lines – Innovation Award for Best Inflight Connectivity
- FlightPath3D – Innovation Award for Best Inflight Entertainment
- 2024 APEX/IFSA AWARD WINNER:
- Delta Flight Products – Innovation Award for Best Cabin
- 2024 IFSA AWARD WINNERS:
- SriLankan Airlines – Best Inflight Food or Beverage
- Emirates – Best Onboard Amenity