Last updated 25 May 2018
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, company, shipping address, email address, telephone number, fax number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Create and manage your account
- Email you regarding your account or order, or send a newsletter or email commuications
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, refunds, and other transactions
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations
- Request feedback or respond to product and customer service requests
- Notify you of updates to the Site
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and promotions, and other information
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site
- Perform other business activities as needed
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see personal information you provide in a member directory such as your name, contact information as entered, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Opt-Out Tool or Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
- The right to access – Upon request, APEX will confirm any processing of your Personal Data, and provide you with a copy of that Personal Data in an acceptable machine-readable format;
- The right to rectification – You have the right to have APEX correct any inaccurate Personal Data or to have APEX complete any incomplete Personal Data;
- The right to erasure – You may ask the APEX to delete or remove your Personal Data and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion);
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ask APEX to suppress the processing of your Personal Data but APEX may still store your Personal Data;
the right to object to processing – You have the right to object to your Personal Data used in the following manners: (a) processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); (b) direct marketing (including profiling); and (c) processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
- The right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform fulfillment of member benefits with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to complaint to a supervisory authority – You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes upon your rights; and
- The right to withdraw consent – We rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into user account settings and updating the user account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences
- Contacting us using the contact information provided
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Please note information APEX collects about you may be transferred, processed and/or accessed by us in the United States, or another country where we, or our Service Providers operate. Please be aware Personal Data may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state or country where privacy laws may differ from and may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to allow us to collect information about you, please be aware that APEX may transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process and store it there.
Website Hosting: APEX works with YourMembership and WordPress as its Website hosting services provider. YourMembership and the Website are stored by YourMembership in St. Petersburg, FL USA. WordPress and the Website are stored by Automattic Inc. in San Francisco, CA USA. APEX shares your data, including Personal Data, with our Website hosting Service Provider for the purposes of processing your data pursuant to your use of the Services.
Data Hosting: APEX works with YourMembership as its data hosting services provider. YourMembership is located in St. Petersburg, FL USA and APEX’s data are stored by YourMembership in St. Petersburg, FL USA. APEX shares your data, including Personal Data, with our website hosting Service Provider for the purposes of processing your data pursuant to your use of the Services.
Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX)
355 Lexington Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10017-6603